Terms and Conditions for Point Hollow paperback Book Giveaway.
1. The Book Giveaway Draw (the “Draw”) is open to people aged 18 in North America where applicable by law, and who comment on the the Draw post on writerlesleydonaldson.com and subscribe to the newsletter for Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing.
2. Entrants into the Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Draw you must complete the entries listed via Rafflecopter, including a signing up for newsletters from Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing. You may unsubscribe at any time after the draw is complete. People who unsubscribe before the end of the draw are not eligible to win. Current subscribers to Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing qualify for this Draw.
5. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Draw, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Point Hollow Giveaway.
6. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
7. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
8. The Draw runs from 12:00 a.m. 27 March 2017 to 12:00 a.m. on 10 April 2017, as managed by Rafflecopter. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
9. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process using Rafflecopter. The draw will take place on 10 April 2017.
10. The winner will receive one (1) softcover book of “Point Hollow” by Rio Youers (“the Prize”), published by ChiZine Publications, retail value ($19.99CAD).
11. The Prize is non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
12. The Prize will be mailed via Canada Post or UPS to the winner’s address, at the discretion of Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing. The winner must provide a valid mailing address in order to receive the Prize. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, or delay in the delivery of the Prize. If the winner wishes to have a tracking number for the shipping of the Prize if it is not provided by the mailing service, the winner must pay for this service in advance directly to Aquhorthies Publishing.
13. If the winner wishes to receive the Prize in person, the winner must notify Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing at email@example.com upon acknowledgement of being notified that they won the Prize. The winner cannot delay the receipt of the Prize in person for a period longer than twenty-one (21) days. If the winner and Lesley Donaldson cannot agree upon a mutually beneficial location and time for in-person delivery of the Prize, the winner agrees to have the Prize delivered via the mailing service chosen by Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any costs to the winner associated with the winner receiving the Prize in person.
14. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing assumes no responsibility for any costs whatsoever associated with the Draw or the Prize not otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions.
15. The winner will be notified by email on or before 11 April 2017. If a winner does not respond to within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with these same Terms and Conditions using a randomly selected name from the valid entries received. The new winner must also comply with the spirit of these same Terms and Conditions.
16. If a winner rejects their Prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing shall be entitled to select another winner.
17. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing retains the right to substitute the Prize with another Prize of similar value in the event the original Prize offered is not available.
18. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Draw, such as having their first name and/or image announced by Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing via social media channels by reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing, both before and after the closing date of the Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s provided image and first name for publicity purposes (in any medium) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
19. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing shall use and take care of any personal information you supply. By entering the Draw, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of the personal information you submitted in order to process and contact you about your Draw entry, and for the purposes outlined above.
20. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Draw or accepting the Prize. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials, or accessing any websites in connection with the Draw or delivery of the Prize.
21. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publising reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
23. The Draw will be governed by Canadian law and entrants to the Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian courts.
25. This Draw is not directly affiliated with or promoted by ChiZine Publications, or Rio Youers.
26. This Draw is provided by Lesley Donaldson/Aquhorthies Publishing; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mailing: 3-1750 The Queensway, Suite 1312, Toronto, ON, M9C 5H5.